Friday, May 23, 2008

They're so cute!

Those were my daughter's exact words when I showed her my first painted Flames of War team, a US infantry command team. Not exactly what you want to hear after painting up the beginnings of an unstoppable and mighty force that will sweep the table clear of all those foolish enough to oppose you!

Yet, in all fairness, I guess that yeah, a little green army man only 15mm tall can certainly be described as "cute." But just wait 'til I paint some TANKS!

Anyway, here are some shots of my first completed unit, an HQ unit that has enough options to be fielded as an Armored Rifle Company HQ or an Infantry Company HQ, either for Mid or Late War. I am working with a limited budget, both in terms of time and money, so I am trying to make the most of it. I decided I would like to have an Armored Rifle Company - the ability to have highly mobile infantry and plenty of support options for any situation sold me. Yet, I may want to field a straight Infantry Company in certain situations, such as when we game D-Day. So I am making my purchases count - each unit will be able to do double duty and serve in either a mechanized or foot infantry company.

The entire HQ unit:



The Company Command and 2iC teams:



Jeep (a Command Decision model with a FoW figure):





Halftrack (Command Decision):





Bazooka Teams:



M37 Gun Team:






'Til next time!

No comments: