Sunday, December 18, 2022

3D Small Roman Rural Villa

The printed villa on the tabletop. (Photo/Beren)

In a previous post, I wrote about some ideas I had to build a selection of rural structures to represent a Roman villa or farm. As opposed to city buildings, I wanted something smaller and more modest.

The purpose of the terrain, in a typical Clash of Spears game, is simply to create scenic and tactical interest by giving the troops something to take into account as they maneuver and attack.

Beren saw my post, and designed a printable 3D model based on one of my designs. I think he did a terrific job! And what is better, he has made the files available for free to anyone who wishes to use them!

3d render (Photo/Beren)

The files are available on my Google drive at this link.

The only thing I ask is that if you download and print the building, you please send me a photo of it in use.

The printed villa on the tabletop. (Photo/Beren)

Thank you Beren, for bringing to life my sketch! I can't wait to get my own version of this on the gaming table.

'Til next time!

No comments: