Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Anvil Industries Bits

Yesterday, I received an eagerly awaited package from Anvil Industries in the UK!

Heads for the Goliath gang, and extra goodies.
As most of you may know, last month saw the re-release of a version of Necromunda by Games Workshop. It has some significant differences to the old game, while still drawing from its roots. I got the game, but held off on building any of the figures for the included gangs. I wanted to do something different with them, and just couldn't figure out what that would be.

Enter Ram Sosen, who posted his Goliath ganger conversion on Facebook. As soon as I saw his photos, I knew I had to use his idea! I absolutely love the way the Goliath gangers look with Brodie-style gladiator helmets from Anvil. They add a ton of character to the standard Goliath figures, and will make them really stand out in the Underhive. So I headed over to their site and ordered those helmets for myself.

Gladiator heads.
While I was poking around Anvil's site, I came across some other accessories that caught my eye. Their riot shields look great, and will look even better on my Necromunda Arbites/Enforcers when I add an imperial aquila to them.

Riot shields and modern weapons.
Anvil also makes a sprue of modern weapons that are great for modern and post-apocalyptic games. The set includes six weapons:
  • Tavor
  • Suppressed Tavor
  • P90
  • AK74
  • G36C
  • Custom AR15
  • Kel-Tec KSG
Since I've shot several of these weapons in real life, adding them to any zombie-hunting post-apocalypse version of me that I make is a no-brainer (not a zombie pun). My favorites are the P90 (of Stargate SG-1 fame) and the Tavor.

P90 (left) and Tavor (right) rifles.
Now that the bits have arrived, I have begun work on building and converting my Goliaths. On Tuesdays, I take my son to a PE class and wait in the car. Rather than read or nap, I've put some tools and models in a bin and work on modeling for an hour.

Working in the car while waiting on my son.
I'll post again soon showing how the helmets look on my Goliath gang.

'Til next time!

No comments: