Monday, April 28, 2014

Saga Viking Warband - work continues slowly...

Ok, a small update.

Most of my figures have been based and primed, except that I added some levy archers to the warband. These guys are in a state of partial assembly - I've glued on the heads and arms holding the bows, but not yet their right arms. They're Wargames Factory plastics (I actually bought the Saxon unarmored bodies, since the only difference is the heads and I had plenty left over from my other Wargames Factory Viking boxes), and the right arms are all designed to hold a weapon. I'm still trying to decide what to do with them.

But, in the meantime, I am beginning work on some terrain for my Vikings to defend. I really like the look of 4Ground's Viking dwellings, but since I never take the easy way out of anything I decided to build my own.

The first step was to draw the basic shapes of the end pieces on foamcore and cut them out. Then I glued wooden coffee stirrers (good material to work with at a great prices - Free!) to the side. Lastly, I carved out and glued the cross beams. I made the ones on the front of the building a little more ornate.






The next step is to add details to the ends, then glue on a roof and cover it with teddy bear fur to represent the thatch.

I'll take some more pics at that stage.

'Til next time - keep your axes sharp!


Post a Comment