Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Campaigning Carthaginians!

 

600 pts of Carthaginians for Clash of Spears!

This fall/winter the gentlemen that I game with and I are running a campaign for the Clash of Spears wargaming rules. (You can read about the start  of the campaign here.)

The Clash rules are by far my favorite rules for the Ancient period - they are fast, intuitive, very interactive as you can interrupt your opponent's turn with reactions, and do not require thousands of painted miniatures.

In fact, I just completed painting my starting 600-point force for the campaign - a grand total of 33 figures. As the campaign progresses I will add figures and units and hopefully, by the end, I will have a grand Carthaginian army.

But I am a notoriously slow painter (unless I have a reason to really concentrate, such as the start of a new campaign!) so even a modest force is an accomplishment for me. That said, this is the second 600-point Clash force I have completed this year - a personal record - since I also painted up some Celt-Iberians for a Clash tournament.

Without further ado - the images of my painted Carthaginians:

Liby-Phoenician spearmen awaiting some color after priming.


Punic citizens in progress. Contrast paints (and others like them) are an amazing tool that really speed up the painting process for me.

Libyan javelin men - I used two coats on their flesh to get them a little darker than the other troops.

The completed troops:

Punic citizen levies - in a variety of tunic colors.

Libyan javelin men.

I painted some of the spearmen with red tunics to differentiate them from the other unit.

The second unit has tan tunics, and I added an officer figure.

And finally an image of the force leader, Malchus. He is the character described in my previous post.

Malchus gives commands.

I'll post updates and additions to the force as the campaign progresses.

'Til next time.

No comments: